Throughout history all cultures have passed down the ancient art of storytelling from one generation to another. Storytelling provides for multiple learning styles through active participation, cooperative and social learning. Children also increase their attention span, ability to actively listen and develop their language skills. Storytelling strongly attracts children to books and serves as an effective building block, transitioning children from oral language to literacy. JAMaROO Kids’ Storytime Program is designed to enrich children’s imagination and creativity. It is our goal to broaden our student’s experiences of the world in which theylive.
We are dedicated to enhancing children’s listening experiences, helping to identify feelings, developing vocabulary and language skills. We will be providing them with an introduction to cultures and traditions from all over the world, encouraging them to be respectful to others. Stories can come from the world’s oral traditions, fables, parables, fairy tales, folktales, myths and legends. Using the art of storytelling as well as the use of specially chosen books we will do our best to bring each story to life. Sometimes this will include the use of puppets and other visual aids. Other times it may incorporate the use of song, dance and/or theater.
JAMaROO KIDs Storytime Goals & Objectives
- To promote literacy and a love for learning
- Encourage children to use their imaginations
- Learn about and celebrate cultural diversity
- Discover sound and use of grammars other than their own
- Become aware of sequencing and story structure
- Develop listening skills and experiences of turn-taking
- Increase vocabulary and other cognitive skills
- Get children excited about books and reading
- Provide children with opportunities to become involved in the storytelling process
See our JAMaROO Kids Studio StoryTime Classes Calendar & Prices: CLICK HERE