Music and Movement Classes
JAMaROO Kids Music & Movement Class
This is a unique class that JAMaROO Kids has created combining our music program with our creative movement and dance program. During this class, students will sing traditional children’s songs and learn many new ones. They will have the opportunity to play with a large variety of simple instruments including tambourines, cymbals, maracas, triangles and different types of drums. Students will also interact with puppets, use rhythm sticks, bean bags and streamers. Many of the activities in this class will promote cognitive development through the use of numbers, colors, shapes and letters.
Through movement, children will work on coordination, balance, flexibility, strength, spatial awareness and positive body image through fantasy play and games. Activities will help children to develop fine and gross motor skills. The goal of this class is for each child to find their own pleasure through music and movement while being exposed to different styles of dance and music from around the world. Like all classes offered by JAMaROO Kids, this class is modified to be developmentally appropriate. Therefore, classes will vary depending on the age of the students and the number of children in the class.
JAMaROO KIDs Music & Movement Class Goals & Objectives
- For Each child to find their own pleasure through music & movement
- Learn new songs while having fun
- Learn to match rhythm and pitch
- Have a better understanding of basic timing
- Discover how to use their voices for singing & bodies for dancing
- Become more comfortable singing & dancing
- Develop listening skills
- Learn how to sing as and dance with others / work together
- Increase vocabulary and other cognitive skills
- Gain and Increase coordination, balance, flexibility, strength, positive self esteem and spatial awareness